Vegan, cannabis-infused scones that will totally rock your world.
Okay, guys. Here it is: the official FIRST cannabis-infused recipe for My Stoned Kitchen. Freaking enjoy, as these scones aren’t only made from wholesome, plant-based ingredients, they’re infused with cannabis.
If you’re new to canna-cooking, learn how to make your own cannabis-infused coconut oil HERE. That recipe yields one cup of coconut oil using an eighth of weed, so 1/3 cup in this recipe (eight scones) means you can consume about 1/3 or 1/2 of a scone for a 10g serving. Depending on the strain of cannabis you use, this may or may not be enough.
Pumpkin-Spice Scones w/ Toasted Pecans & Maple Glaze [Vegan]
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 8 scones
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 cups all purpose whole wheat flour (or gluten-free version)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves or allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup soft cannabis-infused coconut oil
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk of choice (I recommend almond, cashew, hemp, or coconut)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar (for a thick glaze, use less powdered sugar if thinner consistency is desired)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon melted cannabis-infused coconut oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup high-quality maple syrup, more if needed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the nuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Optional: mix nuts with a sprinkling of raw cane sugar and coconut oil) Toast the nuts in the oven until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Chop the nuts into very fine pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, ¾ths of the chopped nuts, baking powder, sugar, spices, and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Soften the coconut oil if needed, and add it to the wet ingredient bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla extract. At first, it will seem like there isn’t enough liquid to wet the dough, but keep mixing until you have thoroughly incorporated the wet and dry ingredients. If you must, use your hands to knead the last of the flour into the dough.
- Form dough into a circle that’s about an inch deep all around. Use a chef’s knife to cut the circle into 8 even slices.
- Separate slices and place on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- While the scones are baking, whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Drizzle the glaze generously over the scones. While the glaze is wet, sprinkle it with the remaining chopped nuts. Enjoy!
What are your thoughts? Please comment below and share this recipe with others!
This article (Pumpkin Spiced Scones w/ Toasted Pecans & Maple Glaze) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and My-Stoned-Kitchen.com