Thanks for visiting My Stoned Kitchen and for your interest in healthy infused creations. If you’re new to the blog, click here for a brief overview explaining what it is, who runs it, etc…
Now, let’s get down to the goodies.
Recently, I was struck with some massive inspiration. Perhaps this is because I recently got a job working with Aaron (my boyfriend) at Reef Dispensaries in Las Vegas, the fastest-growing dispensary in the US! At the moment, I’m working in between the packaging and edibles department (along with writing part-time), but soon, I’ll be learning from the #1 candy maker in the state now employed by the company. For the moment, Aaron is budtending. Before long, however, he’ll be growing — that’s his ultimate goal.
So many exciting things are happening and, yes, life is busy. However, it’s not too busy we can’t make delectable treats to share with our new friends and co-workers. A recent recipe I put together is these infused lime-blueberry scones with a powdered sugar glaze. I was motivated to use the canna butter I received from another co-worker.
The original recipe is by Cookie + Kate, but I swapped out canna butter for some of the regular butter. It was also a bit too wet, likely because the butter was too melted, so I had to add some extra flour (note the recommendation).
Overall, however, I think the recipe turned out well.
I mean, who doesn’t love scones?
To me, infusing plant-based creations (granted, this isn’t the healthier recipe ever) is one of the most fun hobbies, as it allows people to ingest their medicine in a beneficial and tasty way.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Infused Lime-Blueberry Scones w/ Glaze
Preparation Time: 20 minutes + bake time
Serving Size: 12
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 + 1/4 (optional) cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp raw cane sugar or coconut palm sugar (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp cold unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp infused canna-butter (use more depending on dosage preference. Click here for more details on dosing) + extra for brushing on top
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Slice both types of butter and drop into dry ingredients. If you have a pastry cutter, use it to cut the butter into the flour. If you don’t have a pastry cutter, use a knife to cut the butter into tiny pieces and mix it into the flour.
- Add blueberries and lemon zest and gently stir. You can use frozen blueberries, no thawing necessary.
- Gently mix in milk and yogurt. Eventually, you’ll need to use your hands to knead the last of the flour into the dough.
- Form dough into two circles about 3/4 inch in depth. Cut each circle into 6 pieces.
- Separate slices and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or foil.
- Sprinkle the tops of the scones with a bit of raw sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please comment below and share it!