So, Aaron and I have something to tell you… We’re moving! That’s right, 7 months after moving to Las Vegas, Nevada, we’re ready to move on! What we’re doing next and the business we’re building will be revealed soon…
For now, enjoy these super moist infused chocolate cupcakes. They are probably the fluffiest and most delicious cupcakes you’ll ever try. And guess what? They’re damn easy to make.
I (Mandy) made them to share with friends after our last hike (for a while) at Red Rocks. And, yep. They’re amazing.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Super Moist Infused Chocolate Cupcakes [Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup gluten-free (all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup – 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp canna-butter or cannabis coconut oil*
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 5 Tbsp soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt together in a large bowl until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cane sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely emulsified. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add half of the almond milk; whisk for a few seconds, then repeat with the remaining almond milk. Stir until *just* combined. The batter will be thin and you do not want to overmix.
- Using a spoon, pour the batter into the liners. Fill them only halfway, or else spilling will occur. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Using a hand mixer, whisk butter until creamy. Add remaining ingredients (slowly) until the desired consistency is obtained.
Until next time,